Translate

Sunday 13 January 2013

#18 "Blessed are the cracked for they let in the light"



I read that quote in one of my Gran's books; it took me a while to work it out, and to be honest I'm still not completely certain I understand it.

I believe it could be that that the people that are considered damaged, are better people. They carry on regardless of their past, which they've accepted, and they let their experiences shape them into a stronger and better person. They learn that things happen that are out of your control, so you need to go with it. Just because one person hurts you, doesn't mean everyone else will. Just because something didn't turn out right, doesn't mean it won't in the future. They learn to accept everyone, because they know how it feels to be judged and defined by their past.

Everyone deserves to live their life in the way they want, 'damaged' or not. If people try and get in the way of that, let them try, but don't let them succeed. Some of the most inspiring people on earth are the most eccentric; Bob Dylan, Andy Warhol and Bjork to name just a few!

There's no revenge sweeter than success and a side order of happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment